Hi and welcome to my first blog!
I've had a few people asking me about house cleansing in recent times, either as a result of negative spirit energy or as a general way in which to clear stagnant energy. Here's some easy things to do to start a great cleanse for summer!
|Posted on 15 September, 2016 at 22:55||comments (22)|
Spiritual House Cleansing Rituals
The best time for cleansing your house is during the Waning Moon Cycle – when the moon is decreasing in size.
According to Feng Shui, Friday is the best day of the week for cleansing a house. The house cleansing rituals should be repeated until the home feels better.
Spiritual house cleansing rituals are perfect when you feel surrounded by stagnant or negative energy. However, there are certain incidents that can cause an acute need of house cleansing. When this happens don’t worry about the phases! Do it anyway!
How to cleanse a house with ESSENTIAL OILS
Cleansing your home of spirits with essential oils is one of the easiest spiritual cleansing rituals. It’s quick to do and still has the effect of removing negative entities and earth-bound spirits. Use essential oils and mix in a spray bottle with water and spray it around your home, especially when you feeling the negative energy, or use an aroma lamp or diffuser for cleansing your house of stagnant energy. As you do this, set your intention, and say something like:
”I ask that all negative energies leave this house with the energy of love and light.” or
“I ask that those spirits here today move to the light. Those who love you are waiting. It is safe to go now to the light. Please go to the light.” or
“Please remove all negativity from this place. Only those with love in their hearts may enter this home”.
Do these rituals with good energy coming from you – don’t “order” spirits or energy out of the house!
Make sure to do house cleansing on a regular basis to keep the energy around you vibrant. Many essential oil blends for spiritual house cleansing consist of two or more of the following herbs:
• cedar – balancing, healing, protecting, purifying
• frankincense – enlightening, inspiring, protecting, good for personal growth, luck
• lavender – calming, harmonizing, happiness, energizing, love, peace, protecting, purifying
• lemon – brings awareness & clarity, rejuvenating, purifying
• myrrh – acceptance, calming, healing, pathway of the soul, peace
• peppermint – calming, good for concentration, healing, loving, purifying, regenerating, uplifting
• rosemary – brings protection to the unwell, clarity, energizing, uplifting
• sage – grounding, brings courage, longevity, perseverance, protection & wisdom
• sandalwood – brings harmony, healing, peace, protection, serenity, unity
How to cleanse a house with SEA SALT
To cleanse your home of negative energy is a very effective and safe way to get rid of any disturbance or darker entities around the house. The strong clearing power of sea salt has to do with its rich mineral content. Its cleansing ability has been known for thousands of years, and that is why salt is often found in ancient rituals. Sea salt is also used in Feng Shui to remove negative energies in homes and offices. Here’s how to cleanse your house of negative energy using sea salt:
Clear your thoughts and set your intention to cleanse your home of negative energy. Spread sea salt around the outside of your home, at every door, steps, and windows. As you do this, affirm out loud:
“Remove all negativity from this place. Only those with love in their hearts may enter this home”.
Keep repeating this house cleansing prayer as you move around the house spreading sea salt. You can also fill small bowls with sea salt and place them inside the house in each room for 24 hours to absorb any dark entity. After 24 hours, make sure to throw away the sea salt and remove it from the premises.
How to cleanse a house with INCENSE
Incense is traditionally used in Christian ceremonies, but can also be used in any spiritual ritual.
You can use incense to get rid of darker entities and house-bound spirits. But how does incense for spiritual house cleansing actually work? Each incense has its own vibrational frequency, just like every color and sound has its own frequency. So, when you use incense to clear your home, you work with a specific vibration and also with the universal forces that naturally act to improve the ”vibes” in your home.
For example, the most common incense for spiritual house cleansing is sandalwood. It awakens the life force (Chi or Prana) and its color is green. As stated, every color has its own frequency, and sandalwood contains high-quality green life force, whereas sage contains green/blue/violet life force, and lavender contains blue-violet life force. You can use any of these incense for spiritual house cleansing – just choose the one you prefer.
Here are a few house cleansing rituals that are important to remember when you work with incense.
• Make sure you open every window, door, wardrobe, drawer, microwave, oven etc. before cleansing your home.
• Create a strong intention to clear the place before the spiritual house cleansing begins.
• Burn an incense stick and place it in the room that needs to be cleared. Walk counterclockwise. Keep to the right and close to the walls. Make sure to wave the incense under the beds and furniture, and around the walls of the wardrobes.
So which incense should I use?
• cinnamon – protection, prosperity
• clove – protection, love money, making things happen
• cedar – protection, purification, bringing balance & healing
• cypress – protection, comfort, balance, inner peace trust, wisdom, healing
• lavender – protection, purification, energizing, restorative, calming, harmonizing, peace, love, happiness
• myrrh – links with the pathway of the soul, peace, calm, acceptance, healing
• sage – protection, grounding, revitalizing, invigorating, courage, wisdom, longevity, perseverance
• sandalwood – protection, peace, harmony, calming, serenity, unity, healing
How to cleanse a house with HERBS
For centuries, herbs have been used to naturally cleanse the body. With summer just around the corner, there's no better time to bid farewell to toxins.
One of the most common ways to cleanse with herbs is by smudging. Smudging involves immersing oneself or an item in the smoke from a burning bundle of herbs. You can buy “smudge sticks” from new-agey type stores that sell crystals etc, at spiritual fairs or online. You can even make your own.
• Rosemary is a common culinary herb that is also used widely for spiritual cleansing. In addition to its powers of purification, rosemary is thought to be a protective and healing herb. Burn dried rosemary needles on an incense charcoal to smudge a place, item or person, or brew a strong tea with fresh or dried rosemary and pour it in a bath for personal cleansing.
• Sage has been used for centuries by Native Americans as an herb for purification and healing. Native American spirituality practitioners use leaves or branches of dried sage burn them in sacred ceremonies to "drive out bad spirits, feelings, or influences and to keep bad spirits from entering the area where a ceremony takes place." The variety of sage used by Native Americans differs according to what is available in the region. All varieties contain cleansing properties, including sage's cousin, Artemisia. Wrapping fresh sage leaves around an item is believed to cleanse the item, and wands or wreaths made of sage are hung in the home for continuous spiritual cleansing.
• Cedar is a power herb for clearing negative energy and promoting healing. Indigenous tribes of the Pacific Northwest burn dried branches of cedar in the same way other tribes burn sage. Fresh branches of cedar are waved throughout a home to cleanse it of bad energy and welcome good influences. Boughs of cedar are sometimes used as a bed for someone receiving healing or as ceremonial "base" during a vision quest where the quester can receive purification.
• Thyme is especially helpful for spiritual cleansing when matters of love are involved. Use thyme tea in a bath to cleanse yourself after a difficult breakup. Purify any gifts you might have received from an ex-lover but want to keep, by washing them in a strong decoction of thyme or lay them in a living mound of thyme during the full moon.
So, over to you then folks! I hope you find this interesting and fun to do!